(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-27-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
That certainly is surprising.

I knew they Japan had a lot of crossdressers, but I had no clue they'd be fine with transexuality.

MMM, how lenient are they on homosexuality?
Sexual ambiguity is much more tolerated. Like you said crossdressers are fairly well accepted, and there are many famous crossdressers and very effeminate stars who appear on variety shows.

I would say gays are in general, at least tolerated. There are gay clubs and bars, etc.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-27-2008, 09:21 PM

What about marriage? Is it allowed over there? Or is it the same as over here in the U.S.?

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-27-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
What about marriage? Is it allowed over there? Or is it the same as over here in the U.S.?
Good question. I have never heard of a gay marriage in Japan...people tend to keep quiet about homosexuality, so it wouldn't surprise me if gay couples didn't have the desire to out themselves with something like a marriage.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM

I could have sworn I saw somewhere in the media two Asian homosexual actresses were wed.

But, I don't remember what part of Asia they were from or where they were hitched at. I think they were B-rate celebrities though. :\

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-28-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I could have sworn I saw somewhere in the media two Asian homosexual actresses were wed.

But, I don't remember what part of Asia they were from or where they were hitched at. I think they were B-rate celebrities though. :\
I would doubt they were from Japan.

Japanese famous people have an incredible relationship with the media. Scandals are exposed, (especially affairs) but famous people's private lives are mostly kept private.