JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Japan4Evr314 (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Help me get to Japan PLEASE - 10-17-2008, 12:07 AM

hello everyone im John im 15 and i live in IL. now im pretty sure you know what this post is for from seeing the title (help me get to Japan) well it started in mid April. that i decided that i wanted to live Japan. Now i don't have a broken family im not trying to get away from my life and im not trying to get away from America, I just know in my heart thats were my life is, now i know that i have a lot years ahead of me but my life is not in America. I know a little Japanese the basics and im still working hard on it, So please give me any advise on getting there were is a good spot to start and if i need a program to get me there so please help me make my dream come true

Last edited by Japan4Evr314 : 10-17-2008 at 12:20 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

10-17-2008, 12:13 AM

Only you can do that. And at 15, you should be concentrating on growing up, not moving halfway across the world.

Live your life, grow, mature, make plans, succeed, fail, make different plans, and follow them with all you can. Maybe you'll find yourself in Japan...or somewhere else entirely, no one can say.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2008, 12:49 AM

15 year-old and teenagers in general are hugely romantic. cool your jets and get logical. You've never been there, but have a passion. Great. Visit and see if it's what ou expected. (also check out some threads here including one about if people were dissapointed in or if japan measured up to thier expectations. It's anotherplace where common people trudge through life and jobs like anywher else.) Check out an exchange program that will take you there for a month or so. Go to your high school guidance office and ask about exchange programs. Then concentrate of growing up and if you like it retrn as an adult.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-17-2008, 12:54 AM

What is it about the age 15 that makes people crazy to go to Japan. Don't take offense, Japan4Evr, but you are this week's 15-year-old Japapophile.

First, graduate from high school. Every Japanese exchange student I have met prefers the life of American high school students over those in Japan. The same isn't true in college, though. find a college with an exchange program with Japan. You could do a semester or a year there, and decide of your future life is in Japan.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What is it about the age 15 that makes people crazy to go to Japan.
Cartoons made for an older audience?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

10-17-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Cartoons made for an older audience?
Badum tish.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Badum tish.
Wha??? Dude, is that something someone old would never hear about?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Japan4Evr314 (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2008, 01:08 AM

well there is something i didn't say in my subject. ( i'm home schooled ) which makes it different for me then most people so im not just going with a fad or anything i found it on my own and some help from my sis.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-17-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan4Evr314 View Post
well there is something i didn't say in my subject. ( i'm home schooled ) which makes it different for me then most people so im not just going with a fad or anything i found it on my own and some help from my sis.
Why is it different, a fad for others but not you?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

10-17-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Why is it different, a fad for others but not you?
He believes his desire to be in Japan is genuine, which may make sense from his point of view. No single thing about Japan (or "fad" if you will) is pushing this line of thought.

On a different note, it may be a good thing you're going on a vacation, Paul11. You seem to be wound up and taking things the wrong way.

Quote:
Wha??? Dude, is that something someone old would never hear about?
For future reference, my response was meant to illustrate a "rim shot", something done after a comedian tells a joke so the audience knows to laugh at it. In this case, it was meant to display my fleeting amusement at the comedic potential of your response to MMM's post.

Last edited by Koir : 10-17-2008 at 01:27 AM.