JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

07-26-2007, 01:04 AM

I'm a gaijin. And honestly the longer I live here, the less I like my fellow gaijin. I feel no need to give an explanation. Anyone who is a foreigner and living or has lived in Japan will certainly understand where I am coming from. Some are just plain weird.

Last edited by jasonbvr : 07-26-2007 at 01:11 AM.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-26-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
Nah, lol I didn't mean to point fingers. you guys should just chill. Insulting the topic & topic started is not constructive at all...if you don't like the topic, don't reply. So far so good with this thread...you're the ones being disruptive!
Sabrina, saying that asking the question "Who do Japanese discriminate against?" implies that the Japanese are automatically racist isn't "insulting", it is a statement of fact. If I were japanese I would be insulted by that. Maybe I am disrupting the thread, but it is threads like these that, I think, disrupt Japan Forums.

Last edited by MMM : 07-26-2007 at 01:47 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader1 View Post
in my experience, they discriminate against americans, possibly because they are mad about ww2
As many Japanese are pissed at Americans about WWII as there are Americans that are pissed at Japanese about WWII.

Last edited by MMM : 07-26-2007 at 01:47 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-26-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
I'm a gaijin. And honestly the longer I live here, the less I like my fellow gaijin. I feel no need to give an explanation. Anyone who is a foreigner and living or has lived in Japan will certainly understand where I am coming from. Some are just plain weird.
*golf clap*

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
sabrina (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsleazoid View Post

And to the topic starter, no one is being disruptive you're just being really defensive for no reason.

^.^

-J[/b]
Nah, I'm not being defensive (I have no reason to be)...just curious, that's all. Thanks for you reply btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
What's "gaijin"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Sabrina, saying that asking the question "Who do Japanese discriminate against?" implies that the Japanese are automatically racist isn't "insulting", it is a statement of fact. If I were japanese I would be insulted by that. Maybe I am disrupting the thread, but it is threads like these that, I think, disrupt Japan Forums.
Everyone discriminates in one way or another. What you're trying to say is that there's no discrimination in Japan - and even if I've never been to Japan, I'm well aware of the fact that there's discrimination all over the world (and Japan is no exception). My question does not imply that Japanese are racists...you have a serious perception problem. My question was a general one. Discrimination happens WITHIN a single race or nationality as well. Discrimination is not entirely synonymous with the word "racism".

In fact, there are all forms of discrimination incl. gender, sexuality, wealth, social status, etc.

Instead of flaming, you guys should try being informative without straying away from the question. If you can't or don't want to answer the question, you're better off moving on to another topic (i.e. try to be "useful" somewhere else).
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-26-2007, 09:42 AM

*post removed*

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-26-2007 at 10:07 AM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
sabrina (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2007, 09:49 AM

LOL...and you guys don't find yourself disrupting this thread?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

07-26-2007, 09:51 AM

*post removed*

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-26-2007 at 10:06 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
sabrina (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2007, 09:55 AM

Ok, well it's been a few days now, I wouldn't mind having this topic closed but the Mods in here don't seem to care much about this topic. So let's just make the best out of it.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

07-26-2007, 10:06 AM

You know what ? I think you're right. Im not usefull in this thread at all. Ill remove my posts. Sorry for being a prick. (ps: I think gajin means foreigner..so there, I even helped out!)

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-26-2007 at 10:46 AM.