JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-26-2007, 08:40 AM

forgot to mention.it's the same in france. if you go to a TOP uni like marie cure etc or a "grande ecole"=engineering school. you can do any subjuct you wanta nd get a great job with nothing to do with the subject.

I think this is great for me because i don't have any real ideas for a future career, so all i'm doing is getting my grades and going to the top/near top uni's

Last edited by noodle : 10-27-2007 at 08:17 AM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-27-2007, 09:08 AM

got a question for you ferrari. where you work (bank), from which uni's/countries do you employ the most from
(#33 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
got a question for you ferrari. where you work (bank), from which uni's/countries do you employ the most from
Honestly, most banks here go from headhunters. If you are looking at a japnese bank then I am not sure. If you come here with a degree, I can introduce you to some good people and you would come through them... Hays, Robert Walters, ect.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 12:08 PM

just want to ask you this since you work in a banking environment. is there a high demand in Japan for accounting related jobs?.. and what about the pay?..

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown View Post
just want to ask you this since you work in a banking environment. is there a high demand in Japan for accounting related jobs?.. and what about the pay?..
Sure. 60-80K a year starting?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 10:51 PM

I'm planning on coming to Tokyo during the summer of next year for a month. Which is the best month during the summer? I believe in June it rains and in July and August it's humid.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Sure. 60-80K a year starting?
is it in yen?.. or amercian dollar?..

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-29-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
is it in yen?.. or amercian dollar?..
$ but you are talking finance. It would be lower in other areas of the market. And this is no japanese banks. Citi, Morgan, Goldman...
(#39 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2007, 03:31 AM

finance?..
Quote:
It would be lower in other areas of the market. And this is no japanese banks. Citi, Morgan, Goldman...
what about being an accountant in Japan?.. maybe work for a bank or something?.. cause i'm going to Uni next year and i'm planning on doing BCOM- Major in Accounting.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-29-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
finance?..

what about being an accountant in Japan?.. maybe work for a bank or something?.. cause i'm going to Uni next year and i'm planning on doing BCOM- Major in Accounting.
If you plan on working in Japan, research the market and see if you fit. if you want to be an accountant, well, i am not sure what industry you want to work in. If it is finace, then see my answers above. If you want to be rich in japan, stay in finance. Major in something that will allow you to become a VP by 28. Get an MBA if you can. Most importaintly, learn japanese. 日本語話せないと仕事できないよ。