JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   My Japan through pictures (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/33488-my-japan-through-pictures.html)

WingsToDiscovery 09-05-2010 02:39 AM

Another post!:
YouTube - Sega and Shinjuku

A lot of Akihabara and a bit of Shinjuku. And remember you can watch in HD!

WingsToDiscovery 09-11-2010 03:56 PM

Just got back from Vogue's Fashion's Night Out event in Omotesando Hills. Here's some footage!
YouTube - Fashion's Night Out 2010- Tokyo Japan

AnnaJapana 09-11-2010 06:39 PM

Why cant i ever use quick reply D:<

anyway, the pictures are vivid and the streets are packed. Good job :)

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 01:06 PM

YouTube - Mikoshi

Here's my latest video featuring mikoshi and a traditional outdoor performance!

And also a flickr update!

Flickr: Dylan Japan's Photostream

chiuchimu 09-12-2010 04:56 PM

@OP

you're a guy right?

All your pictures are of places or Japanese girls.

Half the population are guys and almost 100% of the Historic figures are men.

How did you miss that?

MMM 09-12-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiuchimu (Post 828777)
@OP

you're a guy right?

All your pictures are of places or Japanese girls.

Half the population are guys and almost 100% of the Historic figures are men.

How did you miss that?

Why so critical?

Look at your signature.

Aniki 09-12-2010 08:56 PM

A guy taking pictures of Japanese girls. Yes, that IS very strange.

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 09:47 PM

Er, yeah, I'm a guy. I'm wondering what you're talking about though. Of the last pics I uploaded, there's one of some ladies dressed in traditional kimono things which I just thought was awesome but didn't even take a direct picture of because I wanted the stage play in the background, and one of some girl friends who aren't Japanese. Other than that, you say "places" as if there's something else I should be taking pictures of while I'm in Japan. I think that enjoying Japan's scenery isn't something unheard of.

We're not in chauvinist times anymore. Women can participate in the traditions. If you could be more specific on which pictures you're referring to, though, then maybe I'll understand your post better.

mousee09 09-12-2010 10:24 PM

actually need to take more pictures of kyoto but im been lazy. how's tokyo dude?

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousee09 (Post 828802)
actually need to take more pictures of kyoto but im been lazy. how's tokyo dude?

It's a mixed bag. Some things I like, other things not so much. I think the biggest difference is that I'm constantly sight seeing, even for things I would consider mundane back home. Like I probably wouldn't go to some traditional reenactment back home, but I just spent a good part of my day yesterday at one in Japan.

Yeah, this thread is pretty much a vehicle for my stuff, but I honestly do love taking pictures and video and enjoy sharing it. I never leave home here without either my DSLR or pocket camcorder, because you honestly don't know what exciting thing may happen and you'll wish you had your camera.