JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   My Japan through pictures (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/33488-my-japan-through-pictures.html)

WingsToDiscovery 08-21-2010 10:26 AM

My Japan through pictures

Right now I'm just compiling shots of everywhere I go, so I'm going to be uploading almost every day. If you're interested in seeing all of Tokyo through photos, you can watch my progression throughout the city at:

Flickr: Dylan Japan's Photostream

WingsToDiscovery 08-21-2010 02:08 PM

You can now also check out Tokyo through my videos. I only have one vid up right now. But I shot and edited it in one day, so this format will be easy to maintain. If you're into Japan, and you're active on YouTube, check out my videos as well!

dogsbody70 08-21-2010 03:14 PM

HI WINGS thanks so much it will be fascinating to see your videos.

it seems really noisy in that market with loudspeakers etc.

look forward to you next posts-- thanks a bunch. babs in UK

V1nn1 08-21-2010 05:27 PM

Subscrib'd :D

WingsToDiscovery 08-21-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 825327)
HI WINGS thanks so much it will be fascinating to see your videos.

it seems really noisy in that market with loudspeakers etc.

look forward to you next posts-- thanks a bunch. babs in UK

Thanks! Yeah, everyone was yelling to get their food and products noticed, so some people were using megaphones. There was also a live school band playing too. I actually didn't really notice how loud it was because I was just having a good time.:vsign:

WingsToDiscovery 08-21-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1nn1 (Post 825337)
Subscrib'd :D

Thank you!

Diogo 08-21-2010 09:55 PM

me too:vsign:

WingsToDiscovery 08-21-2010 10:01 PM

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'm heading to Harajuku today (Sunday) to check out the teenage fashion scene, so I'll have some video of that and photos uploaded tonight.

Diogo 08-21-2010 10:39 PM

hey v1nn1 if you like naruto go to my channel i have 2 new videos from a new game

V1nn1 08-22-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diogo (Post 825375)
hey v1nn1 if you like naruto go to my channel i have 2 new videos from a new game

I like Naruto, but I'm not interested in Naruto games ;)

WingsToDiscovery 08-22-2010 02:24 PM

New content is ready.

Remember to watch in HD!

V1nn1 08-22-2010 07:06 PM

So, how were the first few days? :D

WingsToDiscovery 08-22-2010 09:23 PM

It's actually only been so-so. Most people who visit treat this place like a theme park, but living here is a completely different story. I had to apply and pay for national health insurance, apply for an alien registration card, etc. I also need a phone, but no one will give me one until I set up a Japanese bank account, so I need to do that too. Then I'll have to start paying bills. And this is just some of the stuff I've been doing. If you watched both videos, what you didn't see was us getting turned down by Softbank in both Shibuya and Harajuku, which is pretty much why we were in those areas. Some of this stuff is start up procedure, but it's still a pain in the ass.

But this is pretty much the real world anywhere else, just a bit more beaurocratic. Everyday is not anime and pocky and manga and cosplay like many people think, or even worse, want to believe.

WingsToDiscovery 08-27-2010 01:00 AM

New post! A crappy quality karaoke video. Enjoy! lol

WingsToDiscovery 08-29-2010 03:31 AM

New post! A friend's birthday at an izakaya.

This video is rated Mature for drinking and some profanity, just so you're aware.

WingsToDiscovery 08-30-2010 06:15 AM

New video!
YouTube - Don Quixote

If you're active on YouTube, tell me what you think! Feedback is appreciated.

This video has slight mature subject matter, for your information.

dogsbody70 08-30-2010 12:55 PM

thanks I can't get this one to work and the previous one is very short-- unless its my computer.

WingsToDiscovery 08-30-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 826596)
thanks I can't get this one to work and the previous one is very short-- unless its my computer.

Hmmm...Well they're both about 6 minutes long. I signed off on my account and tried watching the videos as a unique new user and they worked fine. Maybe your computer is just acting up, unless someone else can confirm your problem.

Aniki 08-30-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 825317)
Here's the first, short video: YouTube - Azabu-juban Matsuri and Shibuya

Couldn't get a good look at, but was the Shibuya crossing in that video?

WingsToDiscovery 09-04-2010 01:19 AM

Just a few new pics on my account:

WingsToDiscovery 09-05-2010 02:39 AM

Another post!:
YouTube - Sega and Shinjuku

A lot of Akihabara and a bit of Shinjuku. And remember you can watch in HD!

WingsToDiscovery 09-11-2010 03:56 PM

Just got back from Vogue's Fashion's Night Out event in Omotesando Hills. Here's some footage!
YouTube - Fashion's Night Out 2010- Tokyo Japan

AnnaJapana 09-11-2010 06:39 PM

Why cant i ever use quick reply D:<

anyway, the pictures are vivid and the streets are packed. Good job :)

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 01:06 PM

YouTube - Mikoshi

Here's my latest video featuring mikoshi and a traditional outdoor performance!

And also a flickr update!

chiuchimu 09-12-2010 04:56 PM

@OP

you're a guy right?

All your pictures are of places or Japanese girls.

Half the population are guys and almost 100% of the Historic figures are men.

How did you miss that?

MMM 09-12-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiuchimu (Post 828777)
@OP

you're a guy right?

All your pictures are of places or Japanese girls.

Half the population are guys and almost 100% of the Historic figures are men.

How did you miss that?

Why so critical?

Look at your signature.

Aniki 09-12-2010 08:56 PM

A guy taking pictures of Japanese girls. Yes, that IS very strange.

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 09:47 PM

Er, yeah, I'm a guy. I'm wondering what you're talking about though. Of the last pics I uploaded, there's one of some ladies dressed in traditional kimono things which I just thought was awesome but didn't even take a direct picture of because I wanted the stage play in the background, and one of some girl friends who aren't Japanese. Other than that, you say "places" as if there's something else I should be taking pictures of while I'm in Japan. I think that enjoying Japan's scenery isn't something unheard of.

We're not in chauvinist times anymore. Women can participate in the traditions. If you could be more specific on which pictures you're referring to, though, then maybe I'll understand your post better.

mousee09 09-12-2010 10:24 PM

actually need to take more pictures of kyoto but im been lazy. how's tokyo dude?

WingsToDiscovery 09-12-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousee09 (Post 828802)
actually need to take more pictures of kyoto but im been lazy. how's tokyo dude?

It's a mixed bag. Some things I like, other things not so much. I think the biggest difference is that I'm constantly sight seeing, even for things I would consider mundane back home. Like I probably wouldn't go to some traditional reenactment back home, but I just spent a good part of my day yesterday at one in Japan.

Yeah, this thread is pretty much a vehicle for my stuff, but I honestly do love taking pictures and video and enjoy sharing it. I never leave home here without either my DSLR or pocket camcorder, because you honestly don't know what exciting thing may happen and you'll wish you had your camera.

Mazikeen 09-13-2010 04:14 AM

I looked through the photographs in your first link, and they're very good! I'm gonna take a look through your other works now.

WingsToDiscovery 09-13-2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazikeen (Post 828838)
I looked through the photographs in your first link, and they're very good! I'm gonna take a look through your other works now.

Thank you! Sorry, but all the links are the same; I just update the link whenever I post new photos. However, I do some YouTube stuff as you can see so if you're interested in seeing some videos of Japan then you should check it out!

Mazikeen 09-13-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 828843)
Thank you! Sorry, but all the links are the same; I just update the link whenever I post new photos. However, I do some YouTube stuff as you can see so if you're interested in seeing some videos of Japan then you should check it out!

Oh okay. '_' I'll check out your YouTube channel then!

chiuchimu 09-13-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 828780)
Why so critical?

Look at your signature.

I'm an AKB48 fan. My sig reflex that as it should. It doesn't have anything to do with my views or imagery of Japan.

The Op's post is "My Japan through pictures" BIG BIG difference.

I don't know there the OP is coming from, but I hate foreigners who's main interest in Japan is the girls. Interracial relationships that just happen(naturally) are OK with me, but Asian girl fetish is sick to me.

MMM 09-13-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiuchimu (Post 828926)
I'm an AKB48 fan. My sig reflex that as it should. It doesn't have anything to do with my views or imagery of Japan.

The Op's post is "My Japan through pictures" BIG BIG difference.

I don't know there the OP is coming from, but I hate foreigners who's main interest in Japan is the girls. Interracial relationships that just happen(naturally) are OK with me, but Asian girl fetish is sick to me.

Wow. There is nothing exploitative or offensive about those pictures at all.

Chiuchimu, it feels like you are trying to pick a fight. We have certainly had people here who are Asian girl fetish types, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Keep doing what you are doing, WingsToDiscovery.

chiuchimu 09-13-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 828932)
Wow. There is nothing exploitative or offensive about those pictures at all.

Chiuchimu, it feels like you are trying to pick a fight. We have certainly had people here who are Asian girl fetish types, but I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Keep doing what you are doing, WingsToDiscovery.

Everyone has their own opinion.
All pictures of girls - zero pictures of guys seem strange to me. So, my post was directed to the OP. He can answer for himself.

MMM 09-13-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiuchimu (Post 828934)
Everyone has their own opinion.
All pictures of girls - zero pictures of guys seem strange to me. So, my post was directed to the OP. He can answer for himself.

When people actually take the time to post actual pictures of their real trips to Japan, that is really cool.

There are plenty of guys in the pictures he has posted. There is nothing wrong with his pictures, and I hope he posts more. He doesn't have to answer to you or to anyone since he hasn't done anything wrong.

dogsbody70 09-13-2010 09:21 PM

Umm strange things happening here. Somebody posts some recent photo's of JAPAN-- So what if there are plenty of girls-- whats wrong with that. I'm not even sure that OP is a Man-- I thought Wings was female/ He/she has been very helpful by videoing and posting some of those films in what seems very busy parts of JAPAN.

Maybe there are more females out than there are men-- but somebody/ /chiuchimu has a very narrow and warped mind.

I am female-- I am old-- I like to see pictures of the girls as well as males. Usually women are more attractive than many men-- well in My view anyway.

I appreciate WINGS posting the photos and videos.

WingsToDiscovery 09-13-2010 09:51 PM

Thanks, MMM.

Yeah, chiuchimu, I really want to have some fun with your posts but it will just end up going nowhere, and I have a habit of doing that on this forum anyway ^_^
If it makes you feel any better, I am going out with a white girl this weekend. Maybe that will help assuage your "Asian girl fetish" fears! lolz

I'll still post pics, but as a penalty for chiuchimu's behavior, you all have to suffer with a slew of sausage fest pics next time! haha

Mazikeen 09-14-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 828780)
Why so critical?

Look at your signature.

It's okay for the Japanese to fondle their women on trains, write rape fan-fiction revolving around Sailor Moon/Teenage girls, and hey even adolescent children(affectionately named LOLI), and so on. But when a foreigner takes pictures of Japanese women, well, then the gloves are off!