(#71 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Hahaha, lol.

I'd say it's quite common for girls to easily fall in love with a guy who looks REALLY good but has that mysterious personality that you don't really know about. We see it in movies ALL the time - and it's not far from reality. Looks get you interested.. if the personality is great - hell, sex is on!
See now we're talking about looks, personality and sex!

Sex can keep the good looking person, who lacks a good personality, in a relationship significantly longer, but eventually that eventually gets repetitive or the giant gaping hole in between the two people grows to big for sex to fill.

Then again, horrible sex will stain a nice personality too... hmmm... there's like a formula...

if looks is greater than 80%, then if sex times personality is greater than 75% then it's a pass ... or something ^^b

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Don't you think that it can take a while to understand another persons true personality.

At the beginning are they really showing themselves as they are OR rather putting on an act that they think might attract others.

Also if alcohol is involved-- is that true personality?

I think we all have many personalities within ourselves-- and will produce each one to suit certain situations.

One has to live with a person for quite a long time to get to really know them. look at the many break ups between couples who initially believed they were both in love with the other-- yet a time comes when they realise the relationship is not working.

There definitely can be physical attraction--- but with the way many girls dress up and apply makeup plus hair extensions-- which is the real girl there?

those just in it for sex-well thats another thing. True love means faithfullness and understanding and giving as well as taking.

How well do we even know ourselves?

Shakespeare:

Jaques:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

As You Like It Act 2, scene 7, 139–143

I rather like this quotation:

Love Quote of the Day
Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.
Alexander Smith

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 01-24-2011 at 10:08 PM.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-24-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Looks got me interested in my current girlfriend - her personality sealed the deal.

does this mean that you are a male?
(#74 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
I think she's female, but simply bisexual or gay . . . of course I could stand corrected.

Edit: Her profile states that she's female, so I'll assume not a man

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-24-2011, 10:04 PM

I realise it is not my business but I had thought that Nante Ne was female.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-24-2011, 10:12 PM

NanteNa is female but I'm pretty sure she's a lesbian. (Never asked which [bi/gay], just knew she had a gf.)

It's kind of insulting you should assume she's a male just because she's got a girlfriend, and though you probably didn't mean it like that, that's how it sounded...
(#77 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

01-24-2011, 10:13 PM

Looks play a bigger role for me when it comes to people I'm meeting for the first time, but personality determines whether I'm willing to invest in the relationship or withdraw a.s.a.p.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
NanteNa is female but I'm pretty sure she's a lesbian. (Never asked which [bi/gay], just knew she had a gf.)

It's kind of insulting you should assume she's a male just because she's got a girlfriend, and though you probably didn't mean it like that, that's how it sounded...
you are right I suppose. My apologies I had just assumed she was a female after all some people on here appear to be one sex when actually they are not.

my apologies Nante Ne.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I realise it is not my business but I had thought that Nante Ne was female.
Quote:
How're YOU doin'? ; D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I think she's female, but simply bisexual or gay . . . of course I could stand corrected.

Edit: Her profile states that she's female, so I'll assume not a man
HAHAHA, lol. Even my profile picture and my sig. would indicate that I'm female. But ohhhhh.. I could've gone undercover as a random Danish girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
See now we're talking about looks, personality and sex!

if looks is greater than 80%, then if sex times personality is greater than 75% then it's a pass ... or something ^^b
Haha, I was basically saying that then I'd totally go for it : P But sure.. I'll let you analyze. -gives cookie-

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#80 (permalink))
Old
dlee2010 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to dlee2010
01-25-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I've been with the same person for 20 years this next spring. I went for common interests, intelligence, sense of humor and a good sense of fashion. I guess it worked.
Let me make things clear before I write my own opinions about personality vs attraction. I just quoted edelweiss because I agree with him/her (I dont know you were a male or female so). I hope no one is confused by my comment

There are many studies that shows which couple are more happy, either similar or opposite. However, when they are with someone who has similar interests, intelligences, personal traits and so forth. so I agree with you and understand why you've been with the same person for 20 years

Well, I would say both personality and outer look matters. But what matters the most is did you find the someone who can share similar interests and understand each other. Since, you asked between personality and attraction. I would have to say personality takes over attraction because the truth of each individual's self is what's inside of him/her. For instance, would you rather be with someone who is handsome/cute with no manner, crappy personality or someone who is somewhat less handsome/cute but with great manner and personality? Personally, when I see a cute/pretty girl but find out she has a horrible personality I would lose interest. What I want to say is that basically outer surface, we often call attraction, only is a cover of who that person is. You know the old saying, "Do not judge the book by its cover." I think you get the idea

Hajimemashite
Domo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimas