allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

06-22-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Give it some time. ^^;

I assume u hardly know the guy?
Don't rush things. Just let time pass.

Stop thinking that u 'might happen to like him' and stuff like that. It's called setting up your mind to something u don't have to.
I agree. And long distance relationships are tough. Especially when you are only texting.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
strawberryshinya (Offline)
The Boy Wonder :)

06-22-2008, 12:58 AM

i completly understand.^_^*...
thanx.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Hip (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hip Send a message via MSN to Hip Send a message via Yahoo to Hip
06-25-2008, 02:22 AM

They do work..But with a long distance relationship trust is always the biggest factor to make or break the relationship...

I would give it some time but don't act overly into him...Guys like to talk..but not about the same subject for more than 5-10 minutes. So always keep the topics changing until you find something he likes to talk about..

Also...Talk about yourself..but not a lot about yourself. And if he talks a lot about himself..it shows he has no intention of knowing who YOu are as a person..so try to keep the conversation going back and forth.

"I like cheetos..Well the puffy ones..What about you?"

Or you can not ask him and see what he says...if he responds with a positive reaction like 'haha nah i kinda like the crunchy ones because..." GOOD SIGN!

You also gotta remember if you decide to go with the long distance relationship.. PLEASE for christ sakes trust him...Most long distance relationships die because there's no trust..Why would he bother being with someone he cant hold or touch if shes gonna act like a psycho girlfriend? He can just leave you for someone close to him?

So if he is taking the time and effort to be with you in a long distance relationship...You obviously mean something.

Hip's DeviantArt Page! - Hip's Music! - Hip's Myspace!╤╦╗
╔╦╤╤╤╤╤╤╦╗
(#124 (permalink))
Old
CreativeSoul (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2008, 02:51 AM

I would definitely be careful. You don't really know this person, so you should make sure to get to know him and make sure that you really do know him. Who knows? Sometimes long distance relationships work and sometimes they don't. No matter what though, you should keep a close eye on things.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

What are your thoughts on Long Distance relationships - 06-25-2008, 04:28 AM

I would love to know what peoples thoughts on it are. Share your experiences and opinions, but please do not speak as if your opinion is fact, I have personally encountered this problem many times.

I am dating a Japanese man, he lives in Nagoya and we met online, He will be coming to meet me in August and meet my family, We have been speaking for 7 months now and dating for 5. I intend to live with him next year when I go to Nagoya to be a English Teacher.

If anybody has had these same experiences or would like to discuss being in a long distance relationship please come and chat about it! I would love to meet people who are in LD relationships like me!
(#126 (permalink))
Old
SweetEdward (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to SweetEdward Send a message via MSN to SweetEdward Send a message via Yahoo to SweetEdward
06-25-2008, 05:44 AM

Those type of relationships are fun.
Most end though.
Good for you

がんばって。
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2008, 05:48 AM

When I was your age I did that and had to fly every once in a while to see my g-friend. Ultimately, it didn't work out. I'm not saying it can't work, but odds are not in favor of it. Especially at such a young age, you still may go throu a couple more people before you settle down. Good luck, but finding someone close by would be more healthy and viable. It's also difficult to make an international relationship work if you don't really understand your partners language and thought process/culture.

I guess I'm just a realist. But, it could happen and I wish you many happy days.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
xtine (Offline)
Kimi wo mamoritai....

Send a message via Yahoo to xtine
06-25-2008, 05:53 AM

from what i've seen on my friend and my brother ..it doesn't last that long and it doesn't work that much

but i know some people with these kind of relationship who still lasts and they are still in touch w/ each other and staying strong

"trust matters"

never live in the past for you will never see the future-tin^~
=ramen club member
+belongs to juno's family
(#129 (permalink))
Old
SweetEdward (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to SweetEdward Send a message via MSN to SweetEdward Send a message via Yahoo to SweetEdward
06-25-2008, 05:56 AM

keep talking to him lol xD
(#130 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2008, 11:47 PM

actually haha I have gone through many before finding this guy. We have last longer than any guy i have come across in person. I think it depends on how well you "click" with someone myself. I just don't get along with the guys around me here and i never have the chance to go out, it has worked for my father too, his girlfriend isn't a whole country away just a city but they manage to see each other as much as possible. Language barrier isn't a problem for us We both speak perfect english, and he is teaching me Japanese and i enjoy his culture allot and he mine. Thank you for your thoughs though!