(#41 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrazzil View Post
However you can like that persons 'internet-personality'. I mean, you can like how a person behaves on internet. You can like the image you create of someone based on how he/she acts towards you via e-mail, messenger, forumboards etc. And if you can like that image, I *guess* that you can also fall in love with that (probably idealised) image you have of such a person?
Yeah you might, but I don't consider that true love cause you don't really know what a person's like til you spend some time with him/her. And how d'you know you're not being lied to? And what about looks? Cause yeah, I know physical apparence ain't that important but you can be expecting something then find out none of what you had imagined even existed. How frustrating is that? You cannot fully trust someone you've met over the net. Being friends and all that is okay, but I wouldn't get too obssessed cause, back to reality, this doesn't usually work out, and you know you sister's case isn't common. Besides, there's a high chance you'll fall for someone else since that person you're dating over the Internet can't give you what you need, and I'm not just talking about sex, but like being with you whenever you need him/her and stuff couples do together.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-17-2007, 09:11 PM

Okay so clearly in your opinion that's not true love..so what is?

For me love only requires a person to have the emotion [love] and attach it to a [personality] wether that personality is fictional (internet personality) or not is irrelevant in to me...For the sake of identifying love that is I'm not one for internet or long distance love myself, see previous posts

Bye
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrazzil View Post
Okay so clearly in your opinion that's not true love..so what is?

For me love only requires a person to have the emotion [love] and attach it to a [personality] wether that personality is fictional (internet personality) or not is irrelevant in to me...For the sake of identifying love that is I'm not one for internet or long distance love myself, see previous posts
Well, if that personality is fictional then you're lying to yourself! I think that people who get off on the Internet know none of that is real, but just a way to pass the time; either that or they cannot get it the real way and that makes them feel more confident? I dunno.

I think that to fall in love you need to know the person fully, and that does not happen when there's a screen between them.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#44 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
07-18-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I don't get it. Why do people think long distance relationships are so bad? I'm in one right now. I love the guy more than anyone and anything. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to meet him. I don't care how long, I'm getting myself over there one way or another.

So what if they're far away? Are you still not able to love because of that? It's like with age. Some people think you can be too young to fall in love. Why is that? Are you ever too young to feel?
Kakashi, you are so amazing! I idol you! *love, then remembers something a particular person said and looks back at kakashi* Pst, don't tell kira.....

But i totally agree! *cries* BUT WHY SO FAR AWAY!?! *cries again*

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-19-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Well, if that personality is fictional then you're lying to yourself! I think that people who get off on the Internet know none of that is real, but just a way to pass the time; either that or they cannot get it the real way and that makes them feel more confident? I dunno.

I think that to fall in love you need to know the person fully, and that does not happen when there's a screen between them.
I agree with you there.

But I still think 14/15 is WAY to young to start feeling 'love'

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#46 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM

Oh, good luck with your's Ves! even though it's not a relationship.....i don't see why she wouldn't go for you, you're so awesome!

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

07-19-2007, 01:09 PM

It depends on you & it depends on the other person!
Me, I can't see the point in a long distance relationship. I'm very physical! But I have a long distance from my family so mentally it is okay. If you don't mind giving up the physical side of the relationship (and you can be sure your partner feels the same way) then go for it. But if you (or they) can't forget it!
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Hm, I felt a little restricted to post on here a while ago but right now I feel able to reveal my true sentiments on the matter.

I think it's possible, but you have to consider; how far away is the person? How often can you see them? It's incredibly difficult to be successful if you can't see them often, or haven't ever met them. It would require a lot of effort and determination from both sides to make it work from a very large distance.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#49 (permalink))
Old
RxPhantomWolf12 (Offline)
Silver Shadow King

Send a message via MSN to RxPhantomWolf12
08-10-2007, 03:08 AM

I've never had a long distance relationship, but am willing to try it, and make it work! That's determination people!

War is the Answer If You're Questioning the General.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/ManonFire12/?action=view&current=SaruwatariKaitoSig.jpg

Family
Sister(s): SakuranoNamida
Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)
(#50 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

08-10-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Kakashi, you are so amazing! I idol you! *love, then remembers something a particular person said and looks back at kakashi* Pst, don't tell kira.....

But i totally agree! *cries* BUT WHY SO FAR AWAY!?! *cries again*
what can't I hear my love??........*feels as if he missed something important*................oh well, I doesn't matter..........and mu mu!!!....3000 miles isn't too far.......um, in all seriousness, I was thinking......seriously of trying to bike to you.......I actually started planning my trip, but then figured it'd be school time before I got back, and I abandoned the thought.....sort of....I started to wonder what they would do if I came in three weeks late for school....lol...

IamKira