View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

05-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
He did what he saw as bringing Germany forward. I said he was a good leader with bad ideas, meaning he could've done great things but alas chose to do otherwise.
I'm not talking around anything, I've already described leadership twice, you're just choosing not to consider the facts.
But you don't give any facts...
Leadership goes along with lots of responsibilities and duties and if you don't work on them, you're simply not a good leader. Right from the beginning, Hitler had only in mind to revenge the treaties of Versailles. While he was imprisoned after his first coup he wrote a book which summarized his goals that he followed all the years afterwards. And he just chased after that (nullification of the contract of Versailles, enlargement of Germany to the east,...). He did not think about improving living standards of the people. His foreign policy formed his domestic policy. It was only the effect of his foreign policy or was only governed in such a way to support his foreign policy.
Does this make Hitler a good leader?

Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness. Wretched is he who looks back upon lone hours in vast and dismal chambers with brown hangings and maddening rows of antique books, or upon awed watches in twilight groves of grotesque, gigantic, and vine-encumbered trees that silently wave twisted branches far aloft. Such a lot the gods gave to me - to me, the dazed, the disappointed, the barren, the broken.