View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2007, 07:00 AM

If you're talking about going over to Japan to study at a language school, then, well done to you! You're one step closer to gaining fluency in the language and all things japanese.

Basically, most language schools provide a 2 year Japanese language program. Some may even have 1 year program. If it is the earlier, it is aimed at students who wants to enter japanese university after completion of their course. The end part of this course would include subjects like science, maths and/or history. At the end of this 2 year program, most would be good enough to be considered a Level 1 or at least a level 2 standard.

If it is the 1 year program, it is basically for people who are interested in the language and wants to to able to at least hold a general conversation either business related or for personal interest.

There are 2 schools that I would like to recommend here. One is in Sendagaya, Tokyo and is called Kawaijuku International Language School. The other is, Asia Bunka Kaikan (I forgot whereabout but somewhere in Tokyo). This is mainly populated by students from asian countries.

I don't know of any scholarship programs available for language students in Japan. But if it is in university, then there are plenty for students who excel in their studies. However, if you are able to apply for one from the country that you are in, either through some form of cultural exchange or goverment scholarships, then there might be a chance to get it. But, slim chance.

Well, I hope that helps. Good luck to you.

Hokkaido e ikitai........