View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-21-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlll View Post
Hmm, I haven't thought of it much to be honest, though I can't possibly see myself being a ALT or joining the JET program even though I hear its the easiest route to choose when wanting to work and live in Japan. Yes, I always wanted to work in Japan, seeing as how I always dreamed of seeking a new life and a diverse one at that. I guess you can say that I always had my eyes set on Japan from the start. I would like to work in a business firm or top notch company, so I say, but of course I have to become fluent in Nihongo first before I can come across the thought, which I plan on doing, and being a ALT or joining the JET program is far from that considering you teach and work with English basically throughout the whole day.
I don't think you actually teach throughout the whole day. It's a pretty relaxing job from what I read with little responsibility. You just sit on your ass the entire time before you are called up to do some English exercises with the kids at a certain time in the day. There's lots of free time and little stress. While you're waiting to be called up you can just sit there and listen to the teacher and kids as they interact in Japanese, or you can study Japanese. You're only dealing with English when it's your time. Again, this is what I read and I'm sure most of it is true.