View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
Proper animes? HA! Yes, maybe if your new to anime and trying to get out your pokemon and yugi-oh rut (Not to `say pokemon and yu-gi-oh are bad animes or anything) but ar elike stillshowing Inuyasha and stuff like that. That's why all the fan girls are always going 'OMG INUYAHSA IS THE BEST ANIME EVER. They say that because they most likely haven't seen any good animes. i grant them though that Trigun, CbBb, and wolfs rain were good animes, now they just suck. As for fooly cooly, that was the most idiotic anime I ever seen -.-'
FLCL is friggin genious if you get it. Mecha, humour, design work by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, excellent animation quality, what's not to like? Proof that Gainax can still pull off good shit after Evangelion.

Adult Swim has fallen from my good graces though. Every now and they they score a winner (cough Eureka Seven cough cough) I watch because there's nothing else on at that point and out of boredom, but if I actually feel like watching anime I just torrent something so I can get subbed versions and watch back to back episodes. AS should not be your anime source if your really a fan, you won't get exposure to anything that isn't commercially successful and has been dubbed recently. You'll also have to put up with 85 plugs for the ATHF movie during the episode.