View Single Post
(#273 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlll View Post
Sou desu ne. Well, I'm still in high school and barely becoming a senior this upcoming semester, so I'm not sure where to start. How did you go about studying abroad, and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you by the way? I'm still fixated in attending college so I can get my bachelor's degree in business administration, which hopefully will take three years or less, so I'll be 21 by then. Afterwards, I plan on getting a job in Japan in a business environment, mind me, I say "business environment" since I'm not sure what I'm majoring in yet. Also, what's a CIR, is it better than a ALT (Jason is a ALT I believe) or any advantages over the other? By the way, when you say studying abroad", do you mean taking college courses over there?
In college you must take general education classes that have nothing to do with your major so that takes up a lot of time. Thus, I think it will take you longer than three years to get your degree unless you work your ass off to get 12-15 units in the summer and in the regular semester. I'm almost 21 and I'll probably graduate when I'm 23. Then again, I'm only taking 12 units during the semester and no summer classes. I may get 15 units next semester and keep doing so for the next few semesters and before I know it I will be at 12 extra units which is the equivalent of an entire semester if I take 15 units as opposed to only 12 units in the semester.