View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-25-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade
Criminal Justice major, yeah. I chose this major because it's interesting to me. The only other major that interested me was Psychology. I don't think it even matters what major you choose since many times people get jobs in fields that have nothing to do with their major. You don't need to major in English, Japanese or whatever else to be an ALT. All you need to have is a bachelor's degree in any field and be a native English speaker. That's all. Did you really think you needed to major in English or Japanese to work as an ALT in Japan?
Not really, though it would help. I just never felt that it was right on learning something that interest you but you can't apply it directly to your work, well you can always change occupations so it shouldn't matter in the least. How long are you planning on being an ALT by the way, or are you just seeing how everything works out for the best?

Oh yeah, no need to be uptight on the whole major thing, I knew what you were mentioning from the start. Were all down to Earth people here, so being formal is not necessarily always that fun, thought I should get that out of the way.