(#328 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

05-31-2007, 01:49 AM

just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takushimazu View Post
*Have you personally been through the Visa process? if so, was it as complicated as it sounds? (Specifically spousal visa)
:
no help here. I have idea about spousal visa

Quote:
*Is it easy for young people to find their feet when trying to live independently from their family. (buying a first apartment.. etc..)
again, this is a case to case basis. There is no such thing as easy. So if you have made up your mind to do this, then the hard part will be fun
The one thing that's going to be hard is financial , if you have no prob in this area, then ok.

Quote:
*Are mixed race couples generally accepted in Japan? (as much as they are in England for example?)
I think so.

Quote:
*How long did it take you to learn Japanese fluently? And also, studying at roughly 2 hours a day, how long would it take for a dedicated student to become fluent in Japanese? (Studying only from books, with some help from a native speaker.)
Although I am still far from being fluent now, studying 2 hours a day ( formal class ) would be enough. But only with books and by your self? well that would also depend on your learning abilities. Till recently, the only time I could hear english is when I watch a foreign movie or read forums.

Quote:
*Is it difficult for under qualified workers to obtain jobs in Japan? ( I ask this strange question because I am currently an art college student who will be just under degree level when I finish my studies)
What job are you aiming for? It would be much better to finish your degree first, gain some experience before applying any job in Japan ( in your field ).

Quote:
*Is it difficult for 外国人 to fit into communities? (As friends/neighbors/co-workers/relatives)
I've live in my neighborhood for almost 3 years now, and yet I don't know anybody. They don't mind me, I don't mind them. But when it comes to friends, I had no problems so far. Co-workers? None at all. Most of my friends are my Japanese co-workers or used to be co-workers.

Quote:
*What problems have you experienced as a direct result of being a 外国人?
None so far.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------