View Single Post
(#33 (permalink))
Old
kawaiineko (Offline)
JF Regular

Red face Let's just get back on topic here... - 06-07-2007, 12:54 AM

済みません (sorry);

I tend to over react at times and read more into statements than is actually there.

If I have caused offense, I apologize.

But honestly, this post WAS originally an attempt to ascertain the availability of western foods in Japan. How it turned into a flame war is still beyond me, but I am sure my temper had something to do with it.

Passports, visa's and such aside, it Will be a few years before I can afford to relocate, and thus I will burn those bridges when I come to them, (hopefully AFTER I have crossed them).

My main reason for inquiring into the availability of western foods is tied into my desire to gradually accustom myself to Japanese cuisine by mixing and matching it with western meals.

On a side topic, perhaps someone can clear up a bit of confusion that I am currently experiencing.

I have been told on more than one occasion that Japan is one of the most expensive places in the world to live... How true is this?

All of my research into housing and other costs leaves me with the distinct impression that it is actually cheaper to live in Japan than it is to live where I currently do in south west Florida. (By a good margin no less) This includes living in Tokyo, which I have been told is one of the more pricey places to live in Japan.

Any comments on that one?

Sorry for my earlier commentary;
Kawaiineko