View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiineko View Post
First I am an adult. Second, everybody has pet peeves. When you strike these nerves with people, they're going to take offense to it, because it's their pet peeve. My pet peeve is when people make assumptions about me or come off as judgmental or condescending. People here, whether they meant to or not, have come off that way when responding to me, and it offended me.

Regarding the gajin thing.....

No I'm not saying that a gajin deserves special treatment. What I'm saying
is if they are fully fluent in Japanese, know Japanese etiquette, and can do the job just as well as a Japanese, then to not hire simply because they're a gajin IS prejudice. I'm not saying Japanese people do this, I'm merely speaking hypothetically to prove a point.

I'm also not saying all cultures currently believe females as the inferior gender. However their past thinking on that probably does influence the culture to an extent (not nearly as heavily, but I believe the past will always effect a person's life, or this case a culture's view of thinking to an extent).

Well unfortunatelly it's true that there's still discrimination against women,all across the world.But women slowly are taking control,they are even presidents now in many countries,so I believe soon that discrimination will be over.And It seens like ALL countries treat foreigners bad,it's like that here,in USA,why in japan would be different?