View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariYa View Post
Housetek (not sure if I could use your real name, due to confdentiality),
From your opinion, do you think break dancing is more popular in Japan or in the USA? I don't really know , I think in Japan there many sociAL groups and they seem not to mind each other (like Jrockers and ohare kei, or ganguro,yamamba...etc), like here in the USA, if someonedoesnt understand your style/lifestyle they make fun of it.. Correct me if I'm wrong about anything I say here. Do you think break dancing is limited to one social group or it doesn;t matter whats your clothing style and beliefs?
I would have to say its more popular in the States because thats were it originates from. Although Germany, Korea, and France are up there also.

Considering Battle of the Year main event is Held in Germany.

In the area of Poppers and Breaking, both are incorporated in the hip hop life style. So where ever one exists, it is accepting of the other.

Breakers from my experience are very open people. Im apart of many styles and groups. Bboying and hip hop to me is not limited to its own social group.

From my years of dancing i've met bboys and have personal friends who work in Wall street, who love and play Classical Violin, love Jrock, into anime, into comics, people who are hippies, who are jus lazy bums, people who are corporate big heads, sports medicine doctors and the list goes on.

Me my self, i like to play world of warcraft and online games, i play video games constantly, i watch anime and go to Cons, i like to rave and go to shows. Im open to all things, and i dress and act accordingly.

If im gona go to a competition ill dress in triple 5. If im going to a Incubus concert will wear burnin sho, and if im going to a con, ill cosplay.
My style is diverse and i like to respect every ones styles and social groups. Im not one to shut any one down, even if i dont like their social group due to bad experience.

Cuz its not fair to dislike and bash on a certain group of people b/c of a few bad experiences.

Japan is alot more understanding of this philosophy then the US is. Mainly cuz the majority of people in the US are more aggressive.

In my travels to vietnam, japan, canada, and china, and from my international friends from Greece, Brazil, Germany, Poland, Czech, Russia, and Albania; people do not view the US as the nicest place in the world.

Every one just wants to belong and at the same time be unique.

But the sad truth is, that many people are more afraid of being alone then being ordinary. So in the end they find their group and many times their social group has a rival.

And in many cases they will turn rivalry into hatred.

As far as my personal style and beliefs, i would like to say its complex or unique, but its pretty simple.

Do what i please and wear what i want with out hurting any one.

i try to follow this as much as possible but some times i have to make sacrifices such as Cutting my hair really short (use to be down past my shoulders) in order to get a decent job now that im out of school and cant play as much as i want to any more.

and im not saying i love everyone or get along with every group, cuz i definitely don't, i jus choose not to confront them or give them any power by acknowledging them

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan

Last edited by Housetek : 06-14-2007 at 12:09 PM.