Thread: Food in Japan
View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

06-25-2007, 04:18 AM

I've been eating Pocky for over 35 years, and there has never been a better time than today for a greater variety in its flavors. My friends in North America complain that they can only find the regular chocolate and strawberry flavors where they live. But here in Japan, you can find over a dozen flavors throughout the year. My biggest favorite has been the Cheesecake, which Glico seems to produce only in the summer. The flavor line-up currently available in Japan can been seen on http://pocky.jp/products/index.html Riiko mentioned the Strawberry and I assume that she meant the regular strawberry. I recommend, however, the Tsubutsubu Strawberry, which comes with bits of real dried strawberries in the coating, whereas the regular strawberry is only coated with artificially flavored strawberry cream. I hope Tsubutsubu is available where you live.. Well, talking about this has made me hungry. I need to go to the corner store to get a pack of Pocky Men's (the chocolate coating is bitterer on Men's than on regular Pocky Chocolate). One last thing. Someone has mentioned the "Hello Kitty Pocky", but it is not called Pocky because it's not produced by Glico.