(#29 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
Nope, Americans joined because of Pearl Habour, at that point in time, the Americans were too hesitent to join any war through a contracted agreement. Churchhill managed to persuade them to join the European Theatre, coincidently they joined right near the end, at the time were everyone was fucked from fighting for years. Which makes me laugh when Americans say "We won the war!" ect. the real heroes are the Canadians and the Norwegians! They didn't win the war but they certainly stopped Hitler from winning it.
Yeah I know it was after Pearl Harbor when the United States were oficially in war, but in 1940 (that's one year before) they had already given support to England (at the beginning of the Battle of the Atlantic), which the Axis took as a thread.

Norway did nothing but make things worse when they were unable to stop the Germans from taking over their land. That's the reason why good old Chamberlain resigned and was replaced by Churchill.

And the Canadians? What did they do? O.O

I think the Americans did a good job, it was them who stopped the Japanese from conquering all of the Pacific and also they were the ones who set France free (Normandy; see Saving Private Ryan for more info xD).

I like the M4 Sherman better than the T-34.

everything is relative and contradictory ~