(#21 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-29-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToKyO23 View Post
i see the point of WWI and WWII |we weren't even supposed to b invoved in WWII since we were still in recovery| but the current war has been going on for wht 6 yrs now? killings may show how bad war is, but to another extent the killings bring out our killer instinct--->revenge, which leads to more fighting. Ideas of sending more troops are even rising
You don't seem to realize what kind of country you're living in. The United States have always wanted to control it all, they need to show everyone how powerful their army is and how they can do whatever they set out to do.

They got involved in WWII cause they had made an agreement which forced them to protect the UK, and so when Germany started to bomb London and Manchester (I'm not sure which were the other cities) and the RAF wasn't enough to stop it, the United States sent some support.

Then the neverending battle between comunists and capitalists began and it went on.

This whole war made sense at that time cause WWI hadn't fully been finished and it was obvious it wouldn't end up this way.

Leaving that apart, I don't understand why there're still so many american troopes in Irak, those men don't deserve to die for something that doesn't even exist. You gotta do something to get that prick you got for president out of the White House.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
06-29-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
You don't seem to realize what kind of country you're living in. The United States have always wanted to control it all, they need to show everyone how powerful their army is and how they can do whatever they set out to do.

They got involved in WWII cause they had made an agreement which forced them to protect the UK, and so when Germany started to bomb London and Manchester (I'm not sure which were the other cities) and the RAF wasn't enough to stop it, the United States sent some support.

Then the neverending battle between comunists and capitalists began and it went on.

This whole war made sense at that time cause WWI hadn't fully been finished and it was obvious it wouldn't end up this way.

Leaving that apart, I don't understand why there're still so many american troopes in Irak, those men don't deserve to die for something that doesn't even exist. You gotta do something to get that prick you got for president out of the White House.
kh khm... Pearl Harbor ...khm... something's stuck in my throat... khm...

(#23 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

06-29-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
kh khm... Pearl Harbor ...khm... something's stuck in my throat... khm...
That's my wedding ring!

xDDDDD

(what about Pearl Harbor? *cough*again too many movies*cough*) ^_^

(#24 (permalink))
Old
ToKyO23 (Offline)
AzN dorko

Send a message via AIM to ToKyO23
06-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
That's my wedding ring!

xDDDDD

(what about Pearl Harbor? *cough*again too many movies*cough*) ^_^

wht he means is tht the whole bombing in london and manchester wasn't the whole cause--->it was the bombing of Pearl Harbor |the United States' biggest naval base| Japan bombed it b/c since it was near where the war was taking place, they wanted to get rid of the possible threats |PEARL HARBOR!!!| when they bombed Pearl Harbor, we joined the war
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

06-29-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToKyO23 View Post
wht he means is tht the whole bombing in london and manchester wasn't the whole cause--->it was the bombing of Pearl Harbor |the United States' biggest naval base| Japan bombed it b/c since it was near where the war was taking place, they wanted to get rid of the possible threats |PEARL HARBOR!!!| when they bombed Pearl Harbor, we joined the war
Exactly, as Jap's saw Yankees as their potential threat, which needs to be eliminated, as the 1st ones tried to invade territory of several British external territories and were getting afraid that US will play the role of cavalry and they decided that attack is the best defence at that point, so on dec the 7th 1941, they launched an attack at the Pearl Harbor where most of the US Pacific fleet was located and, as we all know, they did a devastating blow with the attack, thus involuntary involving US in the WWII

(#26 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

06-29-2007, 01:52 AM

I've often had this image of a couple of Japanese admirals on the deck of an aircraft carrier making the final decision to attack Pearl Harbor by janken.

Janken is the standard method for making decisions too close to call one way or the other. Janken if you don't know is paper, rock, scissors, also know as reaux sham beaux.

Saisho gu, janken, po! Aiko desho! Aiko desho! Ja, yatta!!! Katto!!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM

I hate wars!!
PEACE!!

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

06-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
Nope, Americans joined because of Pearl Habour, at that point in time, the Americans were too hesitent to join any war through a contracted agreement. Churchhill managed to persuade them to join the European Theatre, coincidently they joined right near the end, at the time were everyone was fucked from fighting for years. Which makes me laugh when Americans say "We won the war!" ect. the real heroes are the Canadians and the Norwegians! They didn't win the war but they certainly stopped Hitler from winning it.
khe khm... T-34... khm... agian... khe khem... sorry....

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

06-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Nope, Americans joined because of Pearl Habour, at that point in time, the Americans were too hesitent to join any war through a contracted agreement. Churchhill managed to persuade them to join the European Theatre, coincidently they joined right near the end, at the time were everyone was fucked from fighting for years. Which makes me laugh when Americans say "We won the war!" ect. the real heroes are the Canadians and the Norwegians! They didn't win the war but they certainly stopped Hitler from winning it.
Yeah I know it was after Pearl Harbor when the United States were oficially in war, but in 1940 (that's one year before) they had already given support to England (at the beginning of the Battle of the Atlantic), which the Axis took as a thread.

Norway did nothing but make things worse when they were unable to stop the Germans from taking over their land. That's the reason why good old Chamberlain resigned and was replaced by Churchill.

And the Canadians? What did they do? O.O

I think the Americans did a good job, it was them who stopped the Japanese from conquering all of the Pacific and also they were the ones who set France free (Normandy; see Saving Private Ryan for more info xD).

I like the M4 Sherman better than the T-34.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

06-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
USSR are did all the hard work a fuck load of the fighting and wore Germany down...is that what you want to hear? lol
But Norwegians delayed Hitler's A-Bomb for ages. Once they had the A-Bomb it would have been over. So hurray for Norway!!
The actually was not a a-bomb at all... it was the "dirty nuclear bomb" which is not as devastating as the one US dropped on Hirosima and Nagasaki by far... And yes, according to the evidence collected from the SS archives, they did commence a test of this bomb... killing around 300 prisioners (loaded in one building) in Thuringia concentration camp... even a regular aircraft carried bomb would do a damage similar to this...
But i must agree with you on one thing- the sabotage of Norsk Hydro's plant in 1943 by the British commando along with Norvegian militia did delay the reserach of "Hitler's bomb", though, even if they would have not succeeded, the research was taking too long and they would have never created a serious weapon by the end of the war imo....
Actually, the only reason why Germany failed in WWII was the fact that they broke one of the main laws of war waging- they opened the second front and disposed any chances of winning the war... The Russians were the ones who they feared and the Russian son of a bit**es were the ones who stopped the invasion of eastern Europe, forcing Nazi forces to draw back a lot of their forces to eastern front, thus making it easier for the Allies to take back western Europe...
Just for the note, I ain't russian, but this is how I see the historical picture of WWII after reading tons of books regarding it...