View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2006, 11:38 AM

I already posted what animes are my favourite; but I will now add to the list:

Death Note

There are 3 anime episodes out so far, and GOD IT'S AWESOME. As for manga, I haven't read any of that and am not sure about how many chapters there are.

Synopsis (ATTENTION- CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Yagami Raito (Light), a very intelligent student in his last year of high school suddenly discovers a book called a "Death Note" that grants him the ability to kill people by writing their names down in the book if he knows their name and their face. This book belongs to a shinigami named Ryuuku (Ryuk) who dropped the book into the human world because he was bored and wanted some fun.

So, he follows Light around as Light now owns the book. (Ryuk has one of his own.) Light begins to use the book as a way to diminish crime and criminals and become the "God of the New World" where he will reign as a ruler named Kira.

On the 'real' justice side,the police force, is a genius detective named L who is searching for "Kira" trying to find information about the mysterious mass criminal slaughterer "Kira".

Obviously evidence is required to convict a person so L tries to make Light admit that he really is Kira and slowly different situations begin to unravel with many MANY twists in it but at the end, only one can come out victorious.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 10-22-2006 at 12:01 PM.