View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

01-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonNataku View Post
The overall project is known as Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII. Along with the traditional RPG game Final Fantasy XIII, there will also be a Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the mobile phone, and a Final Fantasy Versus XIII, an action game for the PS3 made by the Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children teams. (Final Fantasy XIII will also be for the PS3, with an amazing new game engine, I'm told).

According to Square Enix, Final Fantasy XIII is neither a prequel nor a sequel to Final Fantasy Agito XIII or Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Square Enix has explained that although all three games take place in the same universe, they are not directly related.

Personally, I'm more excited about Versus XIII than FFXIII, but since FFXIII will be featuring a female protagonist, something that has rarely, if ever has happened in FF games in the past, I'd say that both look pretty promising. The mobile phone game, however, seems a little silly, in my opinion. It seems like Square Enix is experimenting with different types of games in order to expand its horizons, but still...
This actually sounds really cool...thanx for clearing it up for me Crimson Nataku!