View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

08-03-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney View Post
So, if I have my mother help me rent, and enroll me into school, would this make the process much easier?
Also, i AM enrolled in school (but i've worked out a plan just to do online courses, but i AM still enrolled as a student there )
actually what you are aiming for is doable, but its not going to be easy. Although I don't know about how to the documents for this kind of situation.

I had a classmate in my volunteer japanese class before, he was a 15, high school , chinese and can't speak japanese.

From what I heard about the teacher, both parents are working and would come and go between Japan and China so the kid was left alone most of the time. The first he arrived at that class he could not speak any japanese but can read kanji ( a few months before opening of the school ). He went to a normal public japanese high school. He still continues coming to the class even after school started and the volunteer teachers would sometimes help explain the homework to him.

The difference between you and him is that his parents are connected to Japan by work, the company is backing up on his family so he does not need to be in an exchange program even though he is a foreigner.

In your case, is one of your parents Japanese?

Im confused with what you mention that "if your mother help you enroll" then you said, your are already enrolled??

anyways, this is not my forte. I am just giving an example situation above. hope that would give you an idea ...

actually, as far as I know most japanese graduate high school at the age of 18, then go to universities or "senmon gakko ( specialized schools)"

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------