View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Harold (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The cell phone is the least of your worries (but yes). Japanese University exchange programs are designed for foreigns students (Waseda has one, too), but regular Universities are not designed for International students. It would almost be impossible to pass the entrance exams.

Start applying now...
I think Waseda is EXACTLY what I'm looking for (a prestigious, private university known for its role politics).

But, from their website, it shows the following:
Quote:
Please note that all the information provided on this website is only in Japanese with the understanding that your Japanese is proficient enough to take undergraduate schools entrance exams in Japanse.

If you would like to get more information on admission, please click here (in Japanese).

In order to apply to undergraduate schools at Waseda University as an international student, an applicant must have completed a total of 12 years of primary and secondary education abroad and taken the EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students: http://www.jasso.go.jp/examination/efjuafis_e.html) provided only in Japanese.

Please note that the School of International Liberal Studies (SILS) is the only undergraduate school which conducts entrance examinations and classes in English.

The admission information for SILS may be obtained from the following website: School of International Liberal Studies, Waseda University
All other undergraduate schools, entrance examinations and classes are given only in Japanese
Soo.. that means I have to be fluent enough to read their site (I only have a problem with the Kanji on the site along with some grammar rules that I haven't quite come across yet in my studying) and take the EJU..

Does anyone know about the EJU.. (If I want to get into the main university) This is the first time hearing about it.

Are you talking about the SILS thing at Waseda?

Thanks A BUNCH for the replies