Old
rachelsweet (Offline)
JF addict

08-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Let me get this straight...

You`re 15.

You want to get a "Fine arts degree, a graphic design degree, a teaching degree, and an English major" BEFORE you come to Japan.

You have not (or only just started) saving up for these extra degrees - which you say your family has not planned for (therefore will likely not be interested in paying for.) Not to mention money for an actual trip to Japan.

And yet, you`re worried about the price of *groceries* here?

No offense, but exactly how long do you think it takes to get "degrees" in all of these studies? Remember, most university students manage one degree (and maybe a minor in something else) in a 4 year period.
I would say add a year or two to that for every extra degree - especially as you seem to like saying you`re a bit lazy and have a short attention span.

In other words, the *current* prices in Japan are really the least of your concerns at this point. You should start looking at these things when you can finally see the end of all those loose strings of dreams and desires. Best is around a year or so before you plan to attempt a trip.

Even if I were to answer all your questions, you have at least 5 more years to go before you would make the trip. By then you`d have either forgotten or things will have changed.
I looked at all the possibilities at the colleges I'd like to go to. 2 years per, but I don't have requirements for the teaching one. I have been told I will have a Major in English by the time I graduate. Japan is what keeps me from throwing my life away like my mom did. She took me there when I was small and gave me the love for the culture. Age means NOTHING. I am smart. I may lack experience, but I understand how the world works. Education is an excuse to create status among people. I'm not a stupid-minded girl with just dreams. I have plans. That will not be changed for anything. I do realize though, that prices may change. The world may even be over by the time I grow old enough to travel alone. I thought it over a long while. After I graduate I may just Take one course. A course for graphics. I will then take a trip to Japan and take it all in. It may flood my mind with fantasies and things that maybe can't come true, but I don't care. I wanna move there. I have all my life.

The only reason I had that big speech was because you said I'm "Just 15."
Every person is equal. No matter age. Or size. Or height.

I probably sound really rude.

( ̄ω ̄ ) Wannabe 入れ墨の芸術家