View Single Post
(#85 (permalink))
Old
t3hcur3 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Jeez, how can you be so selfish?! IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADOPT YOU SHOULDN'T CARE WHAT PLACE THE CHILD IS FROM!

They're not some kind of toy you can buy cause it looks cute. And the fact that you care so much about their nacionality shows just how much you're going to care about their life... pft, so lame.
I don't think that's what they meant, really...I mean, it's pretty selfless to adopt in the first place. And anyone who wants to adopt would probably not send a needy child packing if they ended up on the doorstep just because they weren't the right race.

I've always said that if I adopt, the child will be of a different race than me so that there will never be a big horrible drama when the kid finds out s/he is adopted...it'll always have been obvious that I didn't have him/her, and that I love him/her anyways. On top of that, if I were to adopt a child, the child may not be a baby, and since I only speak english and a little japanese, I'd want to make sure to adopt a child who spoke either english or japanese, to make the whole process easier for him/her. So I'd like to adopt a japanese child, for the reasons listed above, not because I was being selfish.

~*~sUkI~*~