View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-06-2007, 08:47 AM

Now I am not in Japan, so I don't know all the details, but that is pretty much my take on it, too, Gunslinger. It is interesting to have an event like this happen so soon after Britney Spears' ass-out at the MTV Video Awards. I feel like American stars live on different planets than reality, but maybe that is true all around the world.

I was raised to be humble, and to treat everything I had as a gift. I think that's how most normal parents raise their kids, so for this B to be on TV and feel like the SUPER talent-friendly media is a bother is the upper eschelon of B-ness. The poor announcer is making up for her answers in a very uncomfortable and apologetic way.

"Were there any particular scenes in the movie that stuck out when you were filming?"

What a softball question. You film a movie for several weeks. Here's a chance to tell an interesting story about some on-set incident or anecdote.

Her answer: "Not really."

So the announcer, shocked, has to fill-in "None, really? How interesting. One might expect there would be."

This is 10 times as uncomfortable in Japanese as it is in the west.