(#3 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnlzero View Post
Hello...

I've been here almost 3 weeks and had somewhat of an idea of what to do prior to arriving here. H/E when i realized that i'm here for 3mths.. whats the rush...

part of me still wants to be the littlest hobo, wanting to just discover whats out there... but then the conservative wants to play it safe and touristy thing universal studios, aquariums, outlet malls etc... its cool but safe.

Anyways before i zone off topic... if anyones got suggestions or know of hidden gems or even events taking place from now to december would be awesome otherwise no worries..

Cheers!
The aquarium is a very nice one, you might enjoy that. Osaka Castle is ok, but nearby Himeji Castle is much nicer IMO. Wandering around parts of the city, looking in stores, trying different restaurants can be a fun way to spend an afternoon. There are a ton of restaurants in the basement complex under Namba train station that are good. And take day trips outside of Osaka... Himeji Castle, as I already mentioned, plus Koya-san, Nara, Kyoto, Nagoya, etc. Osaka is a great centralized location from which to explore both eastern and western Japan, so take advantage of it, don't stay in Osaka the whole time!