View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyheels View Post
Yeah, I'm saying that Tokyo isn't just out to get tourist money, but they might as well why they're at it... but I can't really speak, I've never been to Tokyo!
I've just thought of something too... maybe Tokyo is out to rip young people off like most of the restaurants here? I dunno, like I said... never been to Tokyo =P
I am really sorry. But I really don't understand what you are saying. I am reading that Tokyo businesses will "rip off" tourists and young people because they can? I don't know how they do things in London, I have only been there once and but I found a wide range of prices for equal services. I found Japan to be a more "you get what you pay for" society. Because there isn't the stream of tourists that maybe London had, shops are dependant on repeat business, i.e. quality goods/meals/etc. I have had good cheap meals, and delicious expensive meals, but since restaurant post their menus and prices at the entrance, you usually know what you are in for. (Can't say as much for other forms of entertainment.)