View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

The first thing you need to know about studying in University in Japan is the language itself. You need to be good. You need to sit for the JLPT exams to access your level of Japanese.
Then you need to sit for the entrance examination that is conducted by the University itself.
Finally, there is the entrance interview conducted totally in Japanese. There will be about 5 or 6 university officials interviewing you to gauge your language proficiency and your motives in wanting to study there.

Once you have gone through all these stages, and pass them, then you will be accepted by the University.

Most of the time, foreign students will apply for several Universities at once, and see which one will call them for the entrance exam as well as the entrance interview. Bear in mind that not every place that you applied for will call you to sit for their exams. Therefore, by applying to a few Universities, your chances are higher should one or two reject your application.

But still, the most important criteria here is your language ability. Todai is one of the top University in Japan. They are very strict with their entrance exams. Not many foreigners get to go in there. In fact, not many Japanese gets to go in there as well!

As for me, years ago, I went through all that. I got into a university in Japan. I had the same enthusiasm as you are having now.
Good luck to you.

Hokkaido e ikitai........