View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

11-17-2007, 09:07 PM

I work a system of target points on the opponent, I use skill and judgment to perform strikes on these points and also to open these points for attack.
I use distraction, attacking and defensive postures, environment and command to create the best advantage for me to walk away unharmed and any opponent to be neutralised.

I have had the misfortune to grow up in a world where smacking some kid in the mouth in the playground earned respect. bear in mind that I was a slow grower and was among the smallest in my year. For my early fighting I recieved the slipper (smack on the bum with a dunlop training shoe x 5 or 10) and also had the cane (bamboo lashes on bum x 5 or 10).

So as an adult I have only small issues with escalating a situation to the point that I may have to react in a physical way.
For instance, I was on my way too work passing through Soho London. I saw two guys harassing a girl and people were just walking past ignoring it.
I stepped up and told the guys to leave the girl alone or I would have to call the police. I pulled out my phone and stood there watching the harrasment prepared too make a call, but also ready to kick off if needed. I totally dominated the situation and forced some other male passers by to help me move the guys away.

I just know that one day some fool will pull a gun on me. Then it is pure psych for a life or death outcome.