View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2007, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNekoChan View Post
My main trouble is hiragana. (and probably katakana, as I haven't really attempted this. My japanese teacher said-7th grade-you should learn hiragana before katakana)
I honestly don't remember things by writing them, as people say that is how memory works. I learned english(first language) by reading, and then I remember the letters. I would assume it would do the same for me in japanese. Which is why I want this thing they're selling at the mall, it basically teaches you the kana through a manga based system, and also words here and there. I skimmed through it and it seems as though I could use it. So, I'm going to get it with birthday money(feb 3rd) along with ink tones for my manga.
i think its difficult remembering them but the more you see them the easier it gets you have to drum it into your head i drew them all over my walls (my mum wasnt impressed though) but cause i see them lots now i am starting to get it. im not surggesting you graffiti your bedroom walls but you could stick up posters of the hiragana characters or something