View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-06-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi View Post
Appreciate the help, but after a lot of searching about I managed to get an ok rate at the pearl Ryogoku. Its more than I wanted to spend, but I managed to get it for the duration of the trip. Now its just a matter of finding things to do! and figuring out how to get there from Narita of course. The subway system is confusing me to no end and i haven't even arrived there yet!

Anyone know what would be the best way to get to the Ryogoku station from Narita? The hotel is supposed to be only a minute's walk from there

As for the Ryokan suggestion I am going to try and venture out to Hiroshima for a day trip from Tokyo and if it runs long I might end up staying there and would probably look into one.

thats eerie, I leave someone comes and fills my spot for the exact time I'm gone heh. I should have rented you my place! Enjoy the city its a great place to visit and a ridiculously expensive and stupid place to live, but i love it too much to move anywhere else for now
Day trip to Hiroshima? Are you getting a Japan rail pass? If you are staying in Tokyo all the time except for 1 day, it won't be worth it. But without it, you'll have a hard time getting to Hiroshima for a day without a bunch of money, which you wanted to save... you'll either need a bullet train ticket (there and back) or fly to Osaka and take trains from there. Either way, you're looking at several hundred dollars, I'd say.

If you want a day trip, try Nikko or the Japan Alps, something closer to Tokyo than Hiroshima.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan