View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
watashi (Offline)
New to JF

01-06-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
And according to this site, a regular (non-reserved) 1 way ticket on the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Hiroshima is 17,540 yen, 18,000 for a reserved seat. That's about $160 1 way, or $320 round trip. That's more expensive than a pre-booked flight between the 2 cities, and much more than the night bus.

By contrast, you can get to Nikko for about $15 1 way from Tokyo. And I've been to both Nikko and Hiroshima, and enjoyed Nikko more. Is Hiroshima really worth that much to you? Nara, Kyoto, Takayama, and many other interesting places are closer to Tokyo than Hiroshima...

Hiroshima Travel: Access, Orientation and Transportation
Thanks a lot for the link. I'm more so interested in visiting Hiroshima for its historical significance, but if its too much of a hassle I might have to skip it, but I'm going to try my best to make it. I might actually end up getting a JR pass because the more I'm thinking about its dawning on me that 10 days is quite a while to spend in Tokyo alone and in the latter part I'll probably be venturing out more than staying in the city.

Last edited by watashi : 01-06-2008 at 07:34 AM.