View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

10-29-2006, 08:08 PM

The thing with battle royale is that most of the teenage population defied adults, its not really the biggest and the baddest that win as you probably saw in the first movie... he got blinded when that truck blew up and then he was shot by kawada... who he himself had a partial reason of being there. but alas he died on the way home leaving the last two survivors who i wanna mention stayed away from most of the fighting... i know thats not the best way to win but still it worked for them.. i know for a fact that the adults were in the wrong by passing the act but they feared the teenage population and sometimes how they say "nipping it in the bud" before it becomes a nuisance is how they saw to get rid of the problem. and since 'respect your elders' is big thing in japan and other asian countries and not here in the states you have to realize that japan is very harsh to the teenage and younger society. I have heard that teachers will wound students for disobeying... so this movie just shows that japan wants to take care of their teenage delinqency problem.. and as you said pertaining to putting thugs out on the street... the first killing by kuriyama (the scary one) was of a gang itself. all the really murderous ones were killed by the other murderous ones. and if one person is hiding not killing at all and has had the luck of their necklace not being detonated the murderous scary one wouldnt know that there was anyone else so by the 3rd day when their necklace goes off they have no idea why...

but thats all by chance. and i really dont think that they would let him trully free of the b/r act. Like kawada they would have brought them in again.. "to fix the game" like he said.

...blah....