Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
01-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
O.O

xDDDDDDDDDDD!! Omg, that made me laugh my head off...

Some of those mistakes are badly translated expressions. Here in Spain we say (well I don't ^^) 'por si las moscas' which is an expression that means 'just in case', it's amazing how many people translate it into Enlish literally and say 'for if the flies' xD! And they actually think they're making sense... And there're a couple of expressions used quite often when swearing which would sound extremely funny in English: Véte a freir espárragos --> Go away to fry asparagus and Alucinas pepinillos ---> You hallucinate little cucumbers xDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Those aren't unlike some of the idioms we use in English (at least in America).

"I'd like to pick your brain" might sound very strange to a foriegner if translated literally.

Or, "Sure, I'll take a stab at it" might seem a little violent...

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.