(#13 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksock View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Japan in April. I'll be flying out of LAX non-stop to Narita on April 13th and flying back on April 23rd. I plan to spend the entire time in Tokyo, seeing the sights and walking around taking pictures. I have some specific places I plan to go and some places I'm still considering seeing. Doubtlessly there are places I haven't considered as of yet that I will end up making plans to visit. The only thing I have specifically planned is to check out Harajuku on Sunday, everything else is very fluid.

I'll be staying at the Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku. From what I have read here and other places, Shinjuku seems like a great place to start each day.

I'm chomping at the bit for April to hurry up and get here. My last vacation was back in 2004 when I spent 2 weeks in Thailand and I can't wait to get out into the world again.

Sliksock
IMHO, what a waste it would be to fly all the way to Japan and stay in Tokyo for all 10 days... Read some past threads here and look at some pictures and guidebooks to find a ton of other places to visit in Japan besides just Tokyo.

When you went to Thailand, did you stay in 1 city the whole time, or did you get out, see some of the countryside, visit some temples, beaches, etc?

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan