View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-20-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdrag0n View Post
i agree with many of you here. you need to go to japan to see first-hand what japanese culture is all about. i agree with you that japanese are more respectful in some ways but there are always a few who are quite nasty. the school system is not better because as someone else pointed out before...there are huge problems with bullying, suicide, and incompetent school management.
From what I've read, the PTA has a big say in the way the schools are run, which I have a bit of a problem with. In a way, I really feel that the Japanese school system mollycoddles the students, but this is my interpretation based on what I've read. I've yet to actually observe or witness this.

With bullying, I never knew too much pertaining to that, but I did know about the suicide thing, but, I always heard of suicide cases with University students, not younger ones.