View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2008, 06:03 AM

Having lived in Australia all my life, I'm interested in expanding my horizons by spending some time in a country and culture completely different to my own. Japan's rich history, language, religion, traditions and beliefs contrast sharply with Australia's, so I feel that we have a lot to learn from each other.

...although in addition to that I'm bored of Perth and want an adventure with a cushy paycheck and free flights >_>

From what I've read it seems that most questions are to guage your interest in Japan/JET and reasons behind it, your interest and potential in teaching, and how well you do under pressure.

Good to know place hire ALT's all year round - I'm not terribly fussy about where I go (which is why JET will work out nicely if it does work out). Nice to have options though.

EDIT: Quick question - would a JLPT3 increase chances of getting a job as a private ALT (as opposed to a self assessment or Australian course qualifications), or is it too low level to really matter? Just wondering if I should bother aiming for it or wait until I'm up to level 2 to do the proper test.

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts

Last edited by ChisaChi : 01-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.