View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-26-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Hehe... I sort of agree with you ivi0nk3y.

Though I wouldn't say I'm really concerned about population decline. Rather I would simply like to see a healthy society. A society where mothers (or fathers) can afford to stay home and raise their children while the other goes off to earn a buck.
I agree. I'm only worried because so many people use the "equality" card to say there is something wrong, when that isn't the issue. If that fad catches on then we will also be in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
Equality does not cause population decline...that's not the natural order of things.
If you're not going to bother to understand what I say, i'm not even going to bother to reply to you in any appropriate format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The problem is that women were expected to get an education and start a career, and then give it all up and become housewives until death. With many single females with a large disposable incomes, many industries were created to suck up some of that money. In the end, women said "Why am I giving all this up so my workaholic husband can be away from home 16 hours a day?" You can call that selfishness if you want, I think it is the sign of a need to modernize the culture. You don't see this in America in the same way (though people are waiting longer to get married), because American fathers are expected to help raise the children.
Yes and thats my point. Japan is an example of a society where it can be seen that such an attitude creates a problem. It should be a warning to other societies.
As I said before, this hasn't yet occured elsewhere because of factors like unemployment and diversity which have offset what could happen.
So we really shouldn't strive to be LIKE Japan in that area because it has nothing to do with Equality, which is what people erroneously make it about.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 01-26-2008 at 01:00 PM.