View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-03-2008, 03:59 AM

Maybe you should wait at least another year before going to Japan. You may think you're more responsible than the average teenager but that doesn't mean much. I wasn't like the average teenager either and thought I knew it all and had everything figured out. Looking back at those years I see just how foolish and confused I really was. With years comes knowledge, sometimes. You seem like a responsible kid but give it some time.

Go with your best friend in a year. Don't even bother going with a bunch of people you're not really close with. Just going with your best friend is key. Going with too many people will be chaos because I would imagine Japan has a lot of things to do and see and the situation would get frantic with everyone wanting to do different things and just settling on what to do may lead to arguments and people taking sides on what to do and may alienate one another. Having only one person with you will lead both of you to compromise much easier and do something you can both enjoy.

One year will really benefit you emotionally and mentally as you gain more knowledge and maturity and will better appreciate the trip than you probably would now. I think giving it some time is most important right now. Just look back one year ago when you were 15 and how you are now. I am 21 right now and I already feel like I'm much more knowledgeable now than I was just 1 month ago or even last week. Japan isn't going anywhere so just go in a year. You'll see how one year can really make a difference and make your experience much more enjoyable.