(#105 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

02-13-2008, 04:16 PM

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutofu View Post
You are incorrect, they do have international adoptions.

Personally, I think the individual who started this thread is a bit daft. No one should adopt a child because they want a doll to play with or because they think it would be great to have a KAWAII Japanese child. But my information is not for that individual or individuals like them. There are people out their who wish to give loving homes to children, and they should not be told Japan is not an option because it is.

Yes it is difficult, yes it is rare, yes it is expensive, but it is legal and it does happen. Orphans are not as rare as the Japanese government would have you believe. Some say you need to have one parent be Japanese, others say you need to live in Japan for a period-- none of this is true as there are couples who are not Japanese and do not live in Japan who have adopted from Japan. It takes hard work and (as anything else in Japan) the right contacts.

In 2005 there were 40 children placed in homes in the US through international adoption.

Here are some links of individuals who adopted through international adoptions with orphans from Japan:

NetSato - Homestay, Japan, Hawaii, Parenting & Computers
anyone ever adopt from Japan? - Adoption.com Forums

Here is an adoption agency working to help adopt Japanese children internationally:
Across the World Adoptions

And here are some adoption stats:
Immigrant Visas Issued to Orphans Coming to U.S.

Good luck in your adoption process.