View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-10-2008, 07:57 AM

why is everything about money? sigh... why do people think money before other things. people could want a good way to experience a different culture. others do it as a stepping stone, get into japan, do the eikaiwa thing, get your japanese level up then move into other industries.

yes i could be earning twice as much in australia in a graduate position but is that the life i want to live? no.

anyway nova paid in the between 220000 to 280000 yen per month from looking at their salaries a month or so ago. there is no way nova was paying 350000 yen per month which is roughly US$3,500. other places tend to pay between 190000 and 260000 with some paying above that.

As for NOVA staff lets not forget there simply weren't enough positions ready for them when it all went bust. many students lost a lot of money due to nova and may not have been wanting or ready to go to another eikaiwa. the other schools needed time after the collapse to understand the new demand from students and plan new schools, get them set up and running etc. these things have a way of repairing themselves but it takes time, and i would believe things would be starting to correct themselves now.

also considering my eikaiwa i did the part time work at had people from the owner right down to the japanese admin staff, no to mention the students themselves bagging not only NOVA but also their staff it is no wonder places weren't keen on taking all their staff. of all the students i went to university with in Japan that i talked about eikaiwa with, they all told me to stay away from teaching at Nova because they thought it was a bad place from their own experience.