View Single Post
(#64 (permalink))
Old
sugoiaisukurimudesu (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal3ido View Post
You can not understand what you do not know. Same goes for me and the Japanese culture, I need to be there to see first hand.
But as for the other things. A lot of people I know raise there kids right, and they still turn out bad, mines included. Family does play an EXTREMELY important part of there lives. But not all families as loving and have the white picket fance in front of there house. My family is not even close. I hate being around them. Again this has nothing to do with my self esteem and self image. Im talking about the African American people as a whole self image. Im not ashamed for me, but for the ones who act like the way people "think" we are. Even if I install 100% good values in him/her, does not mean they are going to listen. And this is where all the traits/genes/culture/herditary(sp?) falls in. I can do my best and not succeed and I can do my best and succeed. If I was giving up, I would not be sitting her on my phone debating with you. It's not just my culture or way of life. Everyone is affected. What about Linsey Lohan, Karine Steffans, Irv Gotti, Snoop Dog, 50 cent, Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton? Im sure there parents installed some good values into them as well. Everyone is not the Beyonce's or the 50 cents. Actually I have a lot of pride in being black, I just hate the negative image some have of us. I'am certainly going to show my child the wonderful people of the African American culture. But it's a shame when I ask black kids about black inventors, or hero's and they can only tell me Dr. King. You can only teach your kids so much, believe me, my mother done told me some things when I was younger and they have went in one ear and out the other. I think that everyone should be more open and not self-centerd. That's why I want a baby of mix heratige. To experiance things that was limited to me. And to understand how humanity should be. Most of my friends are not even interested in other races, unlike myself or dont even have one diverse friend. Normally to me, friends try and brain wash you, even if you dont want to do it. Most kids will to feel accepted by their peers. Why are so many pre-teens having sex and having babies? Because this is there common answear. "My friends are doing it, so Im doing it not to be left out." I did a paper on this last year. I even took a survery of my college. I hate cliques and I hate the norm. Just because I want a African American and Japanese baby make me wrong. Because I feel that with this she/he will have the couarge to succeed. Maybe the good parts of both races will rub of on the child. I will do my best as the parent, but it really depends on the child. Only thing I can do is try not to make the same mistake's my friends that are young mothers and my parents.
You sound very idealistic. In a perfect world, having a multicultural kid would be a good peaceful statement, but in the real world, who is that child going to fit in with? He or she won't be quite black or quite asian either. Kids I knew in high school that were of mixed race couldn't be proud of either race without being a "wannabe". If you plan on "living through your children", you're going to be very disappointed. You're still young! You don't have to be Japanese to enjoy the Japanese culture. Move to Japan, enjoy yourself. You will soon realize that you your children don't live for you. You live for your children. Whether you accept that or not, they will be their own person someday and may crush your dreams for them. If you don't have dreams of your own and go after them yourself, you will regret for the rest of your life.

さよならって言えなかった事、いつか許してね。同じ夢 を生きられないけど、ずっと見守ってるから。
Feel free to correct me