(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-16-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82riceballs View Post
I've noticed that the Japanese language resources thread has become increasingly hard to navigate because there are always alternating "thank you" comments and "actual links" posts. Can we organize it so that it's more user-friendly?

I think we should have it so that all the links are organized into categories on the first post/page.
e.g. Dictionaries
Grammar
Kana/Kanji
etc

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
It's innovative, surely, though I would go along with what Amnell said.

Firstly, as the number of varying posts pile up, we'll have to constantly re-visit the thread to modify the original post with respective links to future posts. Kanji and I are both more than contented with being preoccupied with rule-breakers & personal interests.
Secondly, the reality of the situation is that the admin, who is the sole power-distributor of the forum, is MIA, and given our ranks in the hierarchy, we're sorely unable to appoint anyone else.
Thirdly, if you'll allow me to humbly suggest, why not edit one of your own posts in the said thread, with the organized links categorized, yourselves? Yes, it's undeniable it'll be tedious as opposed to a single person burdening it on himself, but I dunno about Kanji and the language board is out of my jurisdiction.
Or another idea is to PM the original poster about the details of what needs to be amended. She still comes online from time to time.

~ CoolNard

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.