View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-20-2008, 05:44 AM

Hey, Last Samurai was a lot of fun, don't be dissin'!

Like most period pieces, it was based on events that did actually happen, but wasn't meant to be representative of what really happened. Jeez, movies like that are boring as hell (Gods and Generals, for instance). The Patriot is the same exact thing, really: the main bad guy was based on an actual person, but wasn't that person; the South Virginia militia did exist and was used, but there never was a Col. Martin of the Continental Army-blah-blah. It was still a good movie!

Lol, when I first saw a commercial for Last Samurai, I was with my dad in the movie theatre and we both turned to each other at the end and said, "There's no [fuckin'] way Tom Cruise is the last samurai, puh-leez!" Then later we went and saw it (in theatres) and walked away looking like Fuko from Clannad when she sees a starfish XD . Fortunately, no one near us had a juice box, or that might have been bad o_o; .

Sadly, LS is the only samurai movie I've seen, and I can't seem to find any way to watch the older ones online T_T . Anyone know a place?

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.