View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

03-23-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
That just doesn't make any sense!!! If you're gonna make a movie from an anime, you choose the person that BEST looks like the char. The habbits etc come with acting. As for all anime chars being played by white people, where are you getting that idea from? There are loads of anime's where the chars look asian or black or whatever. Not only white. But even then, that has nothing to do with anything. Chars should be played by people that look similar!
Firstly, how does this actor that is currently going to play Goku, look anything like him. I think you're getting carried away in some fantasy here Just because you see he has some jawline that looks like Goku, it doesn't mean he actually "looks" like him. Hell I say I look more like Goku with my eyes and whatnot, especially when I had hair >.> At the end of the day it is just your opinion, as I stated mine.
Secondly, if that guy can play Goku, he can play anyone else in DB/Z since the characters are all derived from each other. Goku also derives other characters. Therefore what have looks got to do with what actor plays who, especially in DB/Z?
Thirdly, as I said and which you conveniently forget, many Animes DO have people who look White even when they are outright Asian. When a character is supposed to be Western or whatever, it is made known in the Anime. Looks have no bearing on who should play an Anime characters role. For example in Evangelion, Asuka is German and it is made known that she grew up there despite being a quarter Japanese. Can you tell Rei is Japanese or White or whatever when she has the same skin tone? I don't think so but it is evident that she is Japanese, as is Shinji.
So before you say it makes no sense, think again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
...Umm... wasn't Goku still a kid in this saga??? And what the hell is grown up Piccolo doing in it??? o_O This is sooo messed up >_<
The movie is a Dragon Ball, not DBZ movie. Also, there's no such thing as a grown up Piccolo. Piccolo is just Piccolo lol.
He became that way after "King Piccolo" shot out an egg when he was about to die.
Do you know the rest of this story or shall I explain it?

ps. didn't you guys know? There's actually already a live action Dragonball movie lol. It's a foreign one though and isn't anywhere near as good as the "real" thing.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 03-23-2008 at 01:20 AM.