View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

Another US Military incident : ( - 03-23-2008, 02:41 AM

U.S. Sailor Linked to Japanese Taxi Driver's Death Near Base Taken Into Custody

The 61-year-old victim, Masaaki Takahashi, was found fatally stabbed in his cab Wednesday night in Yokosuka, south of Tokyo, about a kilometer (half-mile) from the U.S. naval base.

The case comes as public anger over the U.S. military presence in Japan is mounting, with troops facing a series of criminal allegations, from rapes to alcohol-related incidents. The outrage has prompted the military to impose restrictions on America's 50,000 servicemen.

Local media reports have said credit cards belonging to the detained sailor were found in the taxi driver's vehicle. Authorities have been looking for the sailor, said to be seaman in his early 20s, since he was reported missing from his base on March 10.

I know my old friends from USS Midway (CV-41) would agree with me, we have had a complete breakdown both in the command structures and in discipline at our bases in Japan. If I were president, if we had a president with some balls, I would be over in Tokyo appologizing to his majesty then I would replace every base commander with ruthless, unforgiving commanders unafraid to enforce the law with teeth.

I would turn American miscreants over to the Japanese without question, without investigation..."Enjoy Japanese prison you bastards!"

The situation is intollerable, I would find out which troops want to stay and who wants to go home and send those unhappy bastards packing!

As a Veteran of the Navy, I deeply appologize to my Japanese friends and to the Japanese people for the utter barbarian acts of our people. If we will not repair the situation properly, we should remove our bases to Guam and Pearl Harbor.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.